PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 rated dct entry Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 06:11
BBT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“At Ryanair there are no seniority lists” and " No complicated salary scales "
I had a look at the Ryanair ad here on prune and the above two quotes come from what it says on the link they provide.

So very Ryanair ... an immediate appeal to your selfishness, with the implication that seniority is of no significance to your advancement (but what of your future security ... of base, of promotion, of whatever...). Nothing complicated about payscales that they will never publish because they don't exist in the conventional sense. I think most pilots would be happy to read "complicated pay scales" in Ryanair if they could get their hands on anything other than propaganda. I can't speak about U.K. scales, but I have yet to meet a captain of any seniority in Ryanair that earns the €130,000 they keep talking about ad nauseum (sp?) in this ad and elsewhere.

The usual "Ryanair Health Warning" will apply until you get a published salary scale and some guidance as to how your future will be protected. This does not mean "don't join" but it does mean "understand what you are joining".