PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OLOG - happenings at Offshore Logistics
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2005, 02:55
msuldo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi

Well, to those ( I think there was one) that wished me well, Thanks. SASLESS - it's good to email you again, maybe under a different name this time.

Hippolite - I'm curious how you got your extensive knowledge of my "behind the scenes" manuevers on the recent union contract. I wasn't the boss or on the committe, though I did go to most of the meetings. I think that you give me way to much credit; I'm not sure I would characterize that contract as "my baby", but again, you seem to know all about it so who am I to question you.
As a matter of fact I do have some model helo's in my office - not sure that's real strange - after all it is a helo company - duh. What would you have in yours - dump trucks?
Matter of fact - since you are so quick to rush to an uninformed opinion, I'm glad that you don't work here also.

S92Mec. I think if you asked the mechanics that I have worked with, my guess is that they would say if they made an honest effort to do their job, I was more than fair with them. If they were complete screw-ups, and I remember only one or 2 of those, well - I didn't have a lot of patience for those folks - guess that gives me a clue as to your identity, since you don't have the guts to post your name as you take a cheap shot.

I'm going to try and do the best job that I possibly can. Could someone else do better - probably. I sure as heck had no desire to take this job under these circumstances. My only saving grace is that there are some fine folks there who will be allowed to do their jobs. We face a lot of challenges and have lots of opportunities. Hold off your judgement for 6 months, then ask someone who pulls their weight what they think, not some chronic complainer who hates their life.

As far as the Bob Suggs school of management, I was a line pilot there when he died, was never part of his "team" and Frank Lee was an idiot. The only thing I learned from that school of "management" was what not to do.

Mike