PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it actually that you don't lie about the EBA?
Old 10th Jun 2005, 01:53
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand what your saying Annulus. I initially thought the same after the proposed agreement was brought out minus the "transmission of business clause" and other nasties.

However know that I have had time to think about it some more I still can't see why we should accept less than every other industry and occupation. This of course is QF's plan to propose some truly nasty EBA items only drop them if we accept 3 %. Stringing out negotiations so there is 6 months backpay at stake is also a great tactic that the ALAEA fell into yet again.

We have been accepting 1-1.5% less than other industries for 5-6 years. That means we have gone backwards 6-9% in comparison to all other occupations.

When are we going to draw the line in the sand and say eneough is eneough.

Annulus, no one has still been able to give me any reason why we should accept less than everyone else. Mr Qantas,crystal mariner can you?

Spare me the rhetoric about going bust Ansett style though. There is NO danger of that happening in the forseeable future