PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Former BA executive launches new airline
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 23:53
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebenezer; for the sake of it I live near the city and in all fairness I wouldn't use the train to Stansted, I would drive. Stansted is far more easier via the A13/M11 in rush hour (travelling out of London" than facing that car park otherwise known as the M1/M25, so yes I do agree depends on where in London you live, however there are obviously two different " London catchment area's) that the two airports serve, so lets hope both ventures do work. Contrary to popular belief by some, West London is not the only inhabited part of London.

Buster the Bear; I too agree that Stansted has become somewhat an "untidy place" I have used it and agree BAA need to do something about it and the so called "Stansted Express".

Stansted is still in Essex
Well where do you think Luton is Buster the Bear? "WC1" perhaps??? I think Bedfordshire which again surrounds London (and doesn't have a London area postal code) just like Essex doesn't (and even Heathrow). Unless Eos or Fly First will land a B757 at London City (I'll watch out of my living room window for that!) I would imagine they have had to look at LHR, LGW, STN, LTN. Both Stansted & Luton are well suited to serve different parts of the capital so lets not do the "Luton's better than Stansted" thing. They both have potential where new "Long Haul" services are concerned. Look at the passenger figures for the two airports and compare them perhaps thats what Eos have done?!?!?!

I hope both get off the ground (for a change).