PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - America West crew arrested @ MIA (Update - Sentences)
Old 9th Jun 2005, 17:52
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sammypilot, I have several mates who are UK Traffic Cops and, to man (& woman), they have regularly had to 'call in sick' the morning after a 'heavy session’.... indeed it was only a few days ago that one of these very close friends breathalysed himself (at 4am, in his bathroom, in uniform) prior to going on duty, wherein (fortunately for all of us) he thought better of it and made the call – and, as he told me later, he wasn't just a little bit over the limit ( read ‘loads’) !

Now maybe it’s just the company I keep, but most coppers I know ‘like drink’ ( it seems to go with the job,…. sound familiar ?! ) and it’s usually several bloody great big ones, or two, or even three or more… ( and the same to goes for few Judges I know too ) !

So, Sammypilot, with all due respect, you’re coming across as sanctimonious!

Ps. FWIW, work have called me (whilst I’ve been typing this) to ask if I could help them out with a rescue sub-charter ( Nb. this is 35 minutes after I’ve just completed a 6 hour standby duty). However (and unfortunately) I had, by that moment in time, imbibed a single rather fine glass of Chardonnay (seeing that as I was no longer on duty and sitting in my sunny garden with a wireless enabled laptop)…. and accordingly whilst I’d love to have helped them out I’ve had to decline ( veritably, sh!t happens, doesn’t it ?! … just feel sorry for the stranded pax ).

Ah well, I must go now and wrap myself in some cotton wool lest I catch a cold or some’at......