PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OLOG - happenings at Offshore Logistics
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 14:03
SASless

Received 554 Likes on 224 Posts
Time will tell S92....but he is a product of the Bob Suggs School of Helicopter Management and we know what Suggs thought of the boys and girls out there making the money for him. From the recent CBA battle at AirLog and SEC investigation....there sure needs to be some fresh air let into the management suite. They started by sending the previous guy packing....but not for the way he dealt with the staff unfortunately.

I have met the man....and he did not appear to be a two headed ogre. He has a lot on his plate and deserves a chance to work into the job before people pass judgement on him in his new position.

From an outsiders view of the GOM....it does appear the old Bob Suggs way of dealing with staff issues has not worked very well as evidenced by the existence of pilot unions and the bitter fought CBA contract that just concluded at Air Log.

Hopefully, Suldo has some good ideas on how to improve that situation and turn Air Log into a bunch of happy campers....and keep his job at the same time. I wish him every success if he does....and hope for my friend's sake at Air Log it does work out for the good of all down there.

There are some pretty significant problems on the personnel side he will have to deal with as a result of previous management actions and how he begins to handle them will determine his success in bringing everyone together down there.