PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in the region (Merged ad nauseam)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 12:16
Dimiair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tramp

Well PJ. I'm contented to experience that I do agree with most of what you wrote. Maybe you're not as shallow like my first impression about you.

Nicaragua, as you know, is one of the hemisphere's poorest countries, faces low per capita income, massive unemployment, and huge external debt. Distribution of income is one of the most unequal on the globe and with 600 dlr a month your income is far above the average income of 133 dlr. Any idea what a lawyer or a doctor makes in Nicaragua? A friend of mine works as a pilot in PNG. He doesn't make any money at all! His church in Holland support his whole family. He's been doing this for 6 years now. I would like to do same, but the organisation he works for requires a solid connection with a christian church (apparently you can't help people in need without the message from god..)

Another friend of my works for a dutch flag carrier flying MD11. Straight from ab initio to the right seat. He has spend twice the money for his flight school then I've spend so far though. It usualy takes 7 years after graduation when you start to make big bucks.

Maybe we have to see ourselfs as a (mass)product. To sell your product you have to invest more then just the cost for manufacturing. Marketing, promotion and last but not least: a good network. The one who finds the best balans between all of this, will sell most of his products (or in our case 'gain the most hours')

Regarding the prostitue / tramp issue: I found a nice explanation of the word 'tramp' (google )

"A tramp is a vessel that does not operate along a definite route on a fixed schedule, but calls at any port where cargo is available"

Give me wings for the vessel and I think I've found myself a job!

I think PJ that we could have lots of nice discussions and maybe one day we do share the same flight deck