PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot shortage hits BA.
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 12:12
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its not hard to do a CBA to work out whether life at BA over the remainder of your career will leave you better off financially than you'd be if you otherwise stayed where you are.

Take the 24 PP's on the BA pay-scale, work out (depending on your age and what you think NRA/CRA will be when you retire) how long you'll be in the RHS and LHS and whether you'll be SH/MH or LH and add up the totals.

Compare that with a CBA based on your speculated career progression at your present company.

Add a few yearly RPI pay-increases, postulate a few recessions with no pay-increases and at age 34, its still financially in my interests to move from my present company although I won't.

But the break-even point shifts rapidly in favour of your status quo if you're not presently in BA as you approach 40 because the top BA PP's are well into 6 figures which means you're catching up/over-taking at a rapid rate.

Its hardly a de facto BA are better...inspite of the fact that some can't seem to grasp that.

Now add all the intangibles/cost neutral issues like RHS occupancy times, time off, FD, BLR, small company/big company etc etc and make your judgement.

Easy right?