PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL nightmare
Thread: ATPL nightmare
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 09:48
Canada Goose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Back To Basics

For me met was one of the easiest subjects – I've always had a bit of a passion for it !! Anyway, enough of 'me me me' ! I'm not trying to wipe your face in it !!

For the most part if you can grasp the big picture by understanding the basic principles the rest will fall into place. Note: I said understand – not learn!!! Something, which after many years of studying took me until my finals at university to get a handle on. If you can understand how something works it becomes a damn sight easier to then recall and apply that knowledge rather than trying to learn something verbatim. Sure, there will be certain things that need to be just learnt (e.g. down drafts for a microburst can reach speeds of about 65kts – if my memory still serves me !!) but for the most part understand the principles. I studied at BGS and hardly did any of the feedback for met as I was confident with the subject (just as well cos I was so overloaded with the other subjects !!). I got 88% which isn't a stellar mark but I was pleased with it cos I didn't have to do much work for it !! Sorry agin to harp on about that fact but hopefully you can see the point I am trying to make !!!

Just remember – everything starts off with the sun !!! Without heating there wouldn't be any weather !!!!!!!

Good luck Cap'n - you're not alone !! Met is the bane of many a pilots life !!!!

CG.