PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it actually that you don't lie about the EBA?
Old 9th Jun 2005, 08:41
numbskull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok try and hire a sparky,plumber,bricklayer to work on your house and see what they charge.

They don't work 12 hr shifts; don't work nighshift, don't work sundays or public holidays, don't care if they are a day or two late and can't be jailed for failing to do their job correctly. They have been getting substantially more than 3% over the last few years.

Again I say we are going backwards in comparison to all other trades and jobs. I notice annulus filler that you haven't argued against this point.

Qf will never have a problem attracting people to work on their planes because a career in aviation is a childhood dream for many(as it was for me).

The problem they will have is keeping experienced people that have some idea what they are talking about. QF will be like all the big car dealers where they have one mechanic that knows what he's doing and 10 apprentices doing all the work. It works OK for car dealers as the car can be towed back to the shop.(how many people can honestly say they have been happy with the treatment they've got from a car dealership service department??)

Personally I will leave before I become that one LAME