PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL nightmare
Thread: ATPL nightmare
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2005, 07:37
Captain Ratpup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL nightmare

Having just sat met for the third time, I'm starting to lose my wits. Just looking for some advice or sympathy from others who might have experienced the same thing.

Despite having worked my backside off to get these exams out of the way (including some one-to-one time with Ken at Bristol) I still can't crack met. The other papers seemed a piece of cake in comparison, I just don't know why I can't push a 72% result into an 80 or 90%. Or even just a 75% pass!

Having started the CPL course, I've been told that my flying is excellent so all we're doing now is mock skill tests. I polished off all the other papers first time. But this old nemesis of mine (i.e. met) combined with the five figure debt has really started to get me down.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not going to start to blame the CAA for shoddy annexes and ambiguous questions as we all know the score there. But I can't work out what else there is to learn! I've done all the Bristol feedback, bought the Oxford CD, had some one-to-one and I still can't pass the bugger!

Ratpup