PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying schools in the South West?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2005, 23:34
tommyH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair point about getting used to things here, that is something i will have to contend with later, as a guide i am gonna be able to do it in the states then convert here inside my £39,000 budget which i could'nt do here(by a mile).

Another option is Greece, i'm in contact with a guy there, its dirt cheap and JAR, not as busy i doubt though

I've only had a couple introductory flights years ago when i was 16 and 18 i think and a glider lesson. Those, airshows and Top Gun were enough to keep the dream alive.

i flew at a school that i can't remember the name of in plymouth and Cabair, yeh both very good, but nothing like enough experience to offer an opinion on them,

i've looked into bristol groundschool and there are two lots of two week residentials (well you have to be there every day) brush up courses. For me that would mean staying up there for a total of four weeks, but i suppose you could commute, thought that info might be of interest

and cheers, i hope you enjoy the weather in um bristol aswell, you had to live in the south west to boot didnt you, could be worse you could live in Plymouth, we get even more rain there because of the moor