PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Replacement PAR could damage your health
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2005, 22:30
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two of us 'flying'? 100kts?

Never flown in Albert then, Eric? All the P2 does is call "200 above", "100 above", and "decision", and monitor. Am I missing something, or aren't there supposed to be 2 of you in a Tonka? Eng plays no part in the approach, Nav gives you a ROD to fly, but otherwise plays no part in a precision approach, except in the event of an overshoot. And sh!t weather is sh!t weather, whatever type you fly. Same for emergencies.

Our approach speeds vary according to AUW, but you can hang your hat on 150kts with 50% flap and 130kts with 100% (or 165kts with no flap - considered an emergency)

LXGB
I'd tell the controller to shut the f**k up, whilst I was flying a pilot-interpreted aid - politely of course! I've always found radar monitoring of an ILS rather curious - it is (in my experience) obvious when something is amiss with an ILS, at either end. A quick bit of mental arithmetic will tell you whether a GS needle is telling you the truth, and good SA will do similar for the localiser. Radar monitoring is just a waste of controller's time, IMHO.

16B

Last edited by 16 blades; 8th Jun 2005 at 22:41.