PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in the region (Merged ad nauseam)
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2005, 19:16
Dimiair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe it's time to face the reality Panama Jack...To built future you have to invest in yourself or maybe reconsider your target. Maybe you should invest some time in finding out what the fundamental reasons are why the salaries are so low in this industry. Especially in the time building part of it.

Let's face this. When I decided to follow my dream at the age of 30, I had a salary I'm not going to make in 10 years. I've sold everything to start building on a new carreer. Now I'm on the beginning of something I always have wanted to become and I knew from the very beginning it would be hard to succeed. I also knew that 'just getting my license' was just the beginning of the negative cashflow.There are people who want to invest in a type rating and spend 30-40k of euro's. I don't blame them because this is how it's going to be for the future. Within 5 years our MCC made place for a type rating. Don't forget that the aviation industry is one of the youngest industries in the world. The industry is still unfolding and has a lot of 'child diseases'. Ask your local greengrocer if he's able to cope the competition with the big supermarkets in his neighbourhood. Is it fair? NO! Is it reality? YES!

Maybe one day I will touch the buttons of a real FMS. Maybe I'll greet the 420 passengers after a flight under my command, but it has never been my primary objective when I started pilot school. I've met a lot of collegae students who did and I hope they don't end up frustrated like you. Because that's what you are Panama Jack. Frustrated because you are still flying a plane which didn't appear in your dreams the night before your first flight in flight school.

Maybe I convinced you of spending some time to find out something about world economics. I know. It's not in the jaa atpl syllabus, but it's called basic general knowlegde. 'Google' it. Maybe you can find something about 'respect' as well. After all if you don't like me just because of my post you really have a shortness in your social skills. If you ask me not really an advantage to spend 11 hrs with somebody like you in your dreamliner...

Ciao for now