PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 16 years on from 1989 - what have Australian pilots learned?
Old 8th Jun 2005, 08:49
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good on ya, Reddo, for re-railing this (what I believe is important) topic.
In actual fact, I think your first two paragraphs put the essence of the Australian aviation "scene" beautifully into its awful perspective.
Because as much as the Dispute of 1989 is raised again and again (and again and again...), how many people apart from the ant/protaginists involved (other than Reddo) have bothered to look beneath the lemming/scab name-calling at the REAL issues involved, that affect each and everyone of them today?

I don't " drag(s) this bait out and toss(es) it into the forum" for any reason other than (usually ) to try to get Oz pilots looking at where they are now, and where they COULD be, by learning, not only, by the mistakes of BOTH groups of pilots involved, but also by the STRENGTH of their peers.

The (various) companies - regardless of where you are working in the world - would like to have you believe that to join a union will be to your detriment.
So precisely WHY are the companies (funny how YOU deal with a company, but they want to deal only WITH you, isn't it!) so anti-union?
Your "manager" finds it quite acceptable for Him to act with the force of the company behind Him, but denies YOU the right to have a spokesperson (union rep) represent YOU.