PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is it actually that you don't lie about the EBA?
Old 7th Jun 2005, 15:34
Crystal Marina

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hangar 9,
It is obvious to me that you have been watching too many police dramas on the TV. You should get out more.

Turbo 5B,
I think from my understanding, that the people on the exec do in fact represent a wide spectrum of the LAME population.

KID Quality,
Not worth an answer.

Fordran,
And what came out of that dispute? The current industrial law we now live by!

Turbo 5B,
The voluntary overitme bank was modeled on the Brisbane concept, which I might add most of Heavy Maintenance voted in. You yourself probably voted it in for your Brisbane brothers. What are you trying to say. Good enough for them but not for me?

How did the exec lie to you? Do you mean you did not like what they said?

The tail payments was a request by heavy maintenance to allow for the future of heavy maintenance and probably your job.

The 3 points were in fact in EBA 5. If you were not employed by the company at that time then it is not the unions fault. An effort was made to recify this but the company would not buy it.

The union has tried to address the anomoly between the top AME and the grade 3 LAME. The company reply to this is that it has no problems getting AME\'s to become LAME\'s so why should it address it.

I feel that your future is well secured, otherwise you would sek alternative employment. Or is you family not worth it?

I am sure that you would be happy to display your payslip, but the company would find many others to display that would make yours insignificant.

I have taken a reality check and that is why I speak as I do.

Pullock,
Pull your head in.

Sys 4,
You must be a new employee of the company. Either that or you have taken your time to become licenced. Either way no fault of the company or the union.

No. No-one got a 66% payrise. The board merely asked the shareholders to approve a 66% increase to the amount allowed for the non executive directors. To my knowledge they have not received this amount.

No. Had the union allowed for 2 different EBA\'s, which the company would have loved, then I would have agreed with you. The union has always fought to maintian its members under ! EBA.

No. The redundancy provisions are as they were prior to this EBA.

Yes. Infact the union allowed its members to comment on the document that it endorsed. As far as I know the results of this were 50 / 50 therefore the exec endorsed it. Notices were issued after each and every EBA negotiation meeting and members were free to comment.

As far as i am concerned mass meeting never have nor will they ever be constructive. They are just a venue for a minority to vent their spleens and influence and intimidate others.

I can not answer this question because I have no information one way or the other. I can say thought, that I see no sence in in doing so especially if it were to effect him.

The offer is reasonable in view of the fact that it is the same as everybody else got.

Sys 4 get over it and get on with your life.