PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My MAS Cadet Pilot application experience.
Old 7th Jun 2005, 09:42
Deodorant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, you can read minds now? You ought to teach me sometime, I bet that ability would come in handy.

I've never changed my mind. My first post about MAS HR staff was intended to be nothing more than just a passing comment. Unfortunately you read it as a complaint, which I will attribute to irreconcilable differences in upbringing/language/culture/race/whatever.

In any case, while it's true you didn't imply that I was young in age, you certainly did imply that I am young in experience and mentality. No offense taken, though.

Proverbially speaking I don't even have a foot in MAS' door yet, so MAS isn't quite my "future company."

Yes, yes, lots of nitpicking. Office system went down for no reason and I still have about half an hour to kill.

I do agree with what you said about earning respect. Looking at my previous posts perhaps it was bad wording on my part. I don't expect respect from the HR people, or from any other stranger for that matter. What I do expect is a little understanding that not everyone has just finished SPM and is unemployed and is available 24/7 on a 5-minute advance notice.

On an unrelated note, I thought that (quote) "I came from the best class of the best private school in the state (sic)" rather amusing. Which state? ^_^ (<-- this face is supposed to symbolize sarcasm, which transfers horribly via text).

I also find your views amusing and somewhat out of touch with reality. I'm supposed to show my "sincere gratitude" to MAS for considering me for this post?

I'm sorry, but I'm not some beggar asking for charity. The main purpose of the cadet pilot recruitment, like every other recruitment drive for every company in existence, is obtaining employees who will work for the company and earn profits for it. Yes, there are other non-profit factors involved, for example cultivating home-grown talent instead of foreigners, but the bottom line for every company is how much profit (or loss) it reports to the shareholders at the next AGM.