PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JALS CBT feedback required
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2005, 05:29
puntosaurus

There are some neat animations in the CBT eg. with gyros and some of the more obscure hydraulic/pneumatic devices that sometimes help illuminate the paper notes. The text (AFAIK) is identical between the paper notes and the CBT.

Updates are released regularly onto the website (they've just re-written HPL around revised feedback), so I think they're pretty up to date. Personally I find paper notes easier though. You can read them anywhere (including sadly the lobby at Gatwick), make notes inline and remember page numbers !

I think the differentiating factor between schools now though is the quality of their feedback, brush up courses, student support and instructors. Notes have become something of a commodity eg. Bristol are contracted to maintain the notes for several other schools.

Feedback is pretty much a numbers game, the more students you put through, the better feedback you have, thus creating a virtuous circle. Support for the distance learning process is essential though and the jals forum is excellent for helping you along as you can see.