PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Passengers, Worst Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2005, 10:37
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They should know better... On christmas day just past, I had just completed my active duty (11hours by this point) and as a crew we were positioning to Norfolk for an overnight (another 2.5hrs of duty). The FNQ crew on the way back were having a nightmare of a time, as they were not used to doing a meal service, and 2 of the three had only been flying 1 week! The other one had been in the air 6months. Projectile vomit went over 5 rows, and in the end, 2 of us from the previous crew ended up clearing, cleaning up the vomit, and looking after the back of the aircraft. On finals, the excitement of christmas day and our overnight was just a little too much, and our rendition of 'I will survive' may have been a little bit offputing to the pax around us - completely innocent, but maybe just the wrong choice of song and perhaps a little bit off tune/loud...

I had a manager on once, on a CBR overnight he slipped into conversation that the cabin crew (on their glorious $24 grand a year or the casuals on as low as $5 an hour) were paid more than what they are worth. Charming guy, really made us want to give a shyte about him the next day. He had the nerve the next day to complain that the business class cutlery (we were doing a full business class service for 60 on a 1 and a bit hour flight with min crew) had the ansett logo on it.
Then while securing the cabin he started dressing down one of the girls, because the blankets had the ansett logo on them.

I had enough, i strolled on down, and basically told him that I would not have him interfere with the safety duties of the crew, and that if he has such a problem with the blankets and cutlery, than he should perhaps be looking into it himself...

The best can be travel agents, the worst can be travel agents... However, my worst experiences involve the 'Tour group leader', who takes it on as their personal challenge to be seen haggling every aspect of the service, seating arrangements etc. Some even tried to help with the service, and one insisted over me that I did have the authority to relocate pax before takeoff without approval from the captain... After she got quite offstandish and rude, I politely put her in her place, and virtually had to tell her that if she didnt sit down she would have to get off, as her standing was delaying the flight.