PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really safe?
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2005, 08:47
Stelios

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some of you may have experience in operating into this or similar places.
On the face of it it sounds as if one shouldn't even attempt to go there because of the various factors that are in the brief.

This is a passenger flight with a 150 people on board. They don't know my brief and think that they are as safe as ever, like going into Stansted for instance (as safe as it is perceived by them).

I know that potentially it isn't because:

If it's sunny there'll be a load of PPLs filling the sky, if not then there'll be loads of UNcontrolled Military Fast Jets to try to avoid etc..... without adequate radar coverage.

And inconveniently but NOT dangerously there's no de icing or fuel readily available, no airstart etc......

As a commander I think I am quite right to be concerned about these things as it's blatantly part of my job!

Now those of you that have experience in and out of there, may have never seen another soul around which may well be the case, but going just by the brief in front of me I PERCEIVE it quite
Loony.

Thats's all.

So if anyone does have that experience, please enlighten us a bit about the REAL conditions to be expected.