PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does BEagle annoy you or is it just me!
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2005, 05:44
BEagle

Received 334 Likes on 116 Posts
The so-called classic British sports car regularly breaks down in a cloud of steam and oily smoke, or deposits pieces of red hot ironmongery along its erratic way. It probably has a bonnet held down with large leather straps because the normal bonnet release doesn't actually work - and frequent access to its ailing intestines is probably quite essential.

Worse, it could be made by British Leyland, powered by a 1949 Morris Minor engine - and the doors probably fall off.

Or some plastic kit car knocked together by scousers which is blindingly quick between breakdowns - but still smells like a Reliant Robin inside.

So yes, I'm afraid that I was driven to something which is quick enough, reliable, quite comfortable and reasonably practical. Also holds its value fairly well. I couldn't find a SLK32 AMG, so settled for a 2003 model 320 instead. Yes, it did smell of perfume when I first had it - hopefully the previous owner was female.

But one doesn't drive too slowly or without all 4 cheeks firmly clenched in "Moy brother be moy woyfe" parts of rural Norfolk.....