PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 16 years on from 1989 - what have Australian pilots learned?
Old 5th Jun 2005, 23:56
Boney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kap

Maybe you are correct, I am not saying I know everything - just the way it appears sometimes. It makes it abit unfair for those who got their CPL's in the 90's. At the time, you worked hard, hopefully get into a Regional/Major and earn X. But for these people, the goal posts have shifted since they initially took steps in their chosen career. Now, you will probably get paid somewhere between 80% -100% of X and you will have to pay for your own endorsement as well.

Very disheartening!

These 90's CPL's are still competing with just as many as usual for a limited number of jobs.

As stated in an earlier post, at least those coming through now most likely will be competing with less wannabes in 5 years. Not much use though if you are already 30+ with 2,000TT/1,000multi and are just trying to have a go. When the job market changes due to less people considering flying as a career, you may well be too old.

Great timing!

I think the saddest thing for ALL of us in this game is at the end of the day - they won.

Abeles must be giggling in his grave?

Last edited by Boney; 6th Jun 2005 at 00:08.