PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I am leaving the industry
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 23:48
blue_stew

I started flying back in the early 90's - had just finished uni and was looking for a 'break'. My first day of training a woman who was in my group had left the biz and had come back after 4 years. She told me: 'never leave. No matter how bad things may seem, you will regret leaving. Flying gets in you blood and the withdrawl symptoms are too painful'. I laughed and disregarded. Flew with that Airline for 4 years then left 'to do other things'. Unfortuneatly she was on the money and I did go into withdrawl. I couldn't even drop a friend off at the airport without feeling sick about my decision.

It took me a few years, but I got back into the biz. Its like I've got my life back. Sure I work for a lo-co this time around, the company treats us like circus animals, and the pax whinge and whine on a regular basis; but I wouldn't go back to the real world for anything!

You can keep your offices, and monday - fridays, and chirstmas at home, even your high salraries. I'm staying put! Oh and the worst part was having to go through training for a second time!