PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester Happenings (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 23:45
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Accountants run airlines

It doesn't matter what one's OPINION is of BA's commitment to Manchester, be it Cityexpress or mainline, It's the accountants that have the final say these days.
Example:
As I understand it, the Hangar that used to be LOOSLEY termed the 'NEW BA Hangar' has been empty now for some 18 months plus. BA along with MA stumped up the cash to build this. However apparently it is now less of a burden to BA, remaining unused and empty than if it were fully utilised. It's still however,viewed as an asset, so whilst that's the case nobody else can use it, as it 'OURS'!!!
BA Citiexpress have expressed an interest in using it rather than their present very cramped and awkward premises in Hangar 4 ( I Think it is called that, - the old Dan-Air one), but the rental that BA/MA want for it is very prohibitive, so it remains a complete waste of space, when space is at a premium at the momment!

Germany is a bigger country size wise than the UK, but come on, why is it that Lufthansa Mainline can sustain two hubs, Frankfurt and Munich, without much problem?
They obviously have better accountants than BA?
I'd just love BA to get out a bit and go for Somewhere, ANYWHERE, than the bleedin SE of ENGLAND. They'll never atract me I'm afraid, I'd rather stage through anywhere than the SE