PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STN Grubby Airport
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 19:48
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I must admit that i flew through Stansted in March as a passenger, arrived at 0430 for an early morning flight and the airport was like a homeless shelter!

I mean no joke, there were more people asleep on the floor and in the retail outlet doorways than there is at centrepoint over the christmas period!!!

Now I understand that the lo-co's operate here in a big number and obviously attract a lot of "student types" who wont pay the room price for the Hilton or the Radisson, but something has to be done! The reason I say this is because I honestly had to step over "sleeping beautys" in the que for check-in who were wrapped up like eskimo's and refused to budge! How rude! It made the airport look an absolute mess.

Now I work from Gatwick and yes people do sleep in the terminal overnight, but no where near the numbers that do at Stansted. You cannot see the floor! Think I'm joking? - Take a look for yourself at that time of day and you will agree!

It is a fabulous building, or at least looked it when it openned in 1991, BAA you do have an issue here, sorry.