PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAS 's to close (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 19:14
BEagle

Received 333 Likes on 116 Posts
Absolutely top night at the premiere University Air Squadron's 70th anniversary cockers P last night in London. Well attended by ex-members from every decade - and the current students are also exactly as UAS students have always been! Except that some are very much prettier than the studes were when I was on ULAS as a student in 1969-73!

So if any bottom-feeding beancounter should ever dare to meddle with such a system of proven excellence, they should be strung up by their rather small bits from a very high place. The RAF is very, very lucky indeed to be able to recruit such top folk if last night was anything to go by - and long may it continue to be able to do so!

Just one question. What the hell was in that purple drink of which I quaffed a few last night? One felt rathy shabby today - until after a restorative Full English at the RAF Club, followed by a blast down the motorway to see god daughter dislodged the cobwebs!

There was more than one ULAS IN THE HOUSE last night.

And Roly P, I heard an interesting story about the fiery demise of a certain musical instrument from a mutual acquaintance!