PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAI gets a raise!!!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 18:47
montys ex teaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
747-200/300

I am vocal as you put and I think I have the right be. Don't hear much from the management on these forums, do we. If I was in, or were, in a position of authority and therefore responsibility (the two go hand in hand) and being critised on these or other public forums I would at least try and put up some sort of defence. Wouldn't anyone worth their salt?

Yes I was fired as I had the balls to stand up to the so-called management at the time of my 12 months with AAI. Well they stopped my pay. They didn't have the stomach to actually tell me to my face or communicate with me in any way. All I wanted was honesty, which I value most of all and something that was sadly lacking.

Any company worth a damn, normally promotes its’ best people to positions of management, especially those that deal directly with employees. Man management and people skills (or the lack of it) come to mind. I had no respect for them whatsoever. If they were the “pick of the bunch” then what on earth were the rest like?? Trying to answer that question really scared me.

They paid me for 12 months and my training but they got no return for their, shall we call it “outlay” all because of their inability to communicate with any degree of honesty. I am aware that my pay, such as it was, and my training is very small in AAI’s overall costs. However if it was my company and employees just walked off without any return on “investment” I would not be very happy and would want to know why. AAI make a big issue on their website about a so called grievance policy. Well that’s BS take it from me. Maybe they just don’t care, which raises another issue. If the company can waste money on me and others that walk off the job, then they are surely in a position to give you a much larger pay rise than they have offered.