PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bellview Airlines (threads merged)
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 17:04
etienne t boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

I just hope that with the 767 their time keeping will be better than with the 737. I have found their time-keeping to be very bad and their check-in desk at MMIA is very badly run. I was recently told to be there at a time, but when I arrived I was told the desk would not open for another hour and to return then. They made no attempt to control the numerous queue jumpers and before the desk was even officially opened they were checking in some 'big oggas', with total disregard for all the other passengers who had been waiting for up to an hour. My flight was more than 3 hours late and no explanation was given.

As for their booking system - it's a joke. I was quoted 3 different times for the flight I last took, they didn't even know what days it ran on and the price I paid bore no relationship to any of the ones I was quoted over the phone.

Their one saving grace is that the flights do at least usually depart on the day that they say and the aircraft appear to be reasonably well maintained.

Give me ACN any day - I just hope they expand their African network to include countries like Senegal, The Gambia, Gabon, Cameroon, Chad and Angola. They seem to be much better run and their aircraft are always well maintained (and no, I have never worked for ACN , but I was very happy to see them starting flights to countries outside Nigeria).

With the advent of airlines like VN and the increasing number of airlines offering services within the West African region I hope all the airlines will be motivated to mimprove their passenger relationships and I hope the competition will keep the fares at a reasonable level.