PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Landing...
Thread: Hard Landing...
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 16:31
STC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The action accuses Skyservice of failing to properly maintain the aircraft and failing to hire sufficient staff to do so, failing to perform adequate safety checks before take-off, failing to hire competently trained pilots and failing to train its flight crew to deal with an emergency and to comfort passengers in the face of crisis.
I'm surprised that the ambulance chasers who are convincing the passengers that they have suffered extensive damages, haven't included the Wright Brothers in the suit. That would be just as relevant as questioning the maintenance of the aircraft at this point in time.

There is always the possibility that a particular pre-existing condition may be aggravated by a hard landing or some minor injuries can occur. However, its quite telling when I read that many passengers didn’t feel the pain until they saw the damage to the fuselage.

Furthermore, many are upset about the airline’s handling of the situation thus far. Some are just looking for an apology.

In matters such as this where litigation is always a possibility, it would be quite inappropriate and foolish to issue a formal apology until all the facts are in. Lawyers love formal apologies. They miss the touchy feely sentiment and see the obvious declaration of liability.

Anyone who is in a similar situation, would be wise to never say “sorry” with a lawyer around until all the facts are in.

Overall, travelling in Canadian registered airplanes is safe. The industry must defend against unsubstantiated, unfounded, and uninformed claims based on such preliminary data.

One poster on Mr. Savage’s site states:

Also, please contact your local papers and news stations. We are all trying to keep this in the media. If it is out of sight, it is out of mind!
Spoken like a true opportunist. Or should I say "proffesional victim".

Perhaps this story should stay alive in the media with information from the aviation community at large. Perhaps Skyservice has a good case considering the slanderous defamatory information being presented on that website.....