PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard Landing...
Thread: Hard Landing...
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 16:26
Tan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is a copy and paste from another web forum however in this instance I know of the poster who is a very straight arrow;

b767jetmec
Rank 0

Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:58 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my co-workers happened to be on that flight with his wife. He is an AME with another Canadian Airline. By his accounts, yes the landing was harsh, some overhead bins and O2 masks did open and deploy. The mood was generally calm, until one of the passengers thought, hey wait a minute, we can sue and get large coin. This was done in the terminal area . Everyone walked out by themselves, and no one complained about pain or injury until one dumbass decided lets all get together and sue Skyservice. Now my co-worker claims that he has been getting nothing but calls from Skyservice and their lawyers along with the group action lawyers. He was originally offered $500 to forgive and forget, along with the reimbursement of the cost of the trip. He has now heard, though unofficially, that the offer now stands at 5 Grand. He has yet to confirm this with company lawyers.