PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Life in GA
Thread: Life in GA
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2005, 09:18
chief wiggum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condensation -

From the sounds of things, it would seem that GA may be way too hard for you. So here's what I suggest :

Ring Paul Stoddart, and tell him that you want a job... BUT... make it worthwhile. After all, you don't want to leave home do you ?... and make sure he doesn't get you to fly one of those 146's... I mean... that is JUST NOT RIGHT!

Ask him for a company car, and a new ringtone for your phone every month. Along with the company car, you will need personalised plates. Some I can recommend to you are :

TOP GUN
JET ACE
737 ACE
JET GOD
737 GOD
I AM GOD
DR 737
MAV RIK

Hopefully these will not have been taken at the time of your interview.

When you accept the job, make sure that Mr Stoddart knows that you cannot work sat or sun, public holidays, or be away from mummy and daddy too much. If at all possible, friday nights off would be appreciated as well.

The company car:

ensure that the company car is not "Australian!"... I mean, what REAL pilot drives a commodore, or falcon ? Mercedes, and BMW are the go; and not more than two years old either... Jaguars ARE acceptable, but you need to have two of them.
Ensure that the insurance company knows that you are a pilot, and you will get your insurance at 1/2 price.
When you get issued your uniform, ensure that you get 2 hats: One to wear, and one to keep on the back seat / hatrack, so that girls can see it and meet you because of it.

Ensure that the stereo is LOUD, cos you will need to play the TOP GUN theme all the time, especially at lights, and at drive thru McDonalds.

Go and get a Tattoo . : Wings are the best, cos they fit right onto your chest, and can be hidden when you wear your shirt, AND... when you are at the beach, people will see it, and still know that you are a pilot!

Ensure that you wear your uniform when YOU take mummy and Daddy out to dinner in a few years time, as a 21st birthday reverse present.

Hope that this helps you. If not, then maybe you will need to do some RESEARCH and find out what GA is all about! Stop asking STUPID questions and get some real world experience!!!