PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 5th Jun 2005, 07:35
gonzo7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sky330 & 29chev,

thanks for the info guys. it's definately helpful to get a good look at whats going on there. it'll no doubt help people make a better decision and/or be prepared for what they're going to face before they get there. nothing worse than a suprise you dont want.

sorry for the ton of questions, but as you surely know, some of these concepts are really strange for western pilots.

like i am gathering from your posts that you get your 8 days off, then you're pretty much working for the next 22 in some way or another.

i am fully aware of how widespread the unequal treatment of expats are at asian airlines. i was just taking my turn on the snide remark pony.

i hear what you're saying about not leaving a good job for that one. at the moment i'm sort of in a dilema. they have told me they want to interview me. i am at a job right now, but come this fall, no one knows how many of us will be left. so i'm trying not to prematurely leave this job, but not be caught with my pants down. i'm doing my homework on as many options as i can think of.

thanks for the help and good luck to you guys over there. sky, i feel for you being away from your family so much. hopefully you can get back to a normal life soon.

gonzo