PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 5th Jun 2005, 03:50
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 minute interview...

well for my two minute interview..which wasn't actually two minutes it was a mere 30 seconds...went like this

"hannah what do you do at the moment?
"(not exact wording) well at the moment I am waiting to start training with the RAC"
(interrupted)
"oh ok, have you travelled before?"
"yes I have travelled personally and as cabin crew"
(interrupted)
"so you have been cabin crew?"
"yes with easyjet in the uk"
"why did you leave?"
"unfortunately it was for financial reasons..i found prices to high to live and work in london"
(interrupted)
"thanks hannah"

hmmm, made myself sound unemployed and broke hehe.

don't stress about what you said, some people hardly got to say anything at all cos the trainers were too preoccupied with their piercings, hair style or shoes hehe.

the two minute interview is designed to get a small idea about the person behind you resume. it is also a time when the trainers can look at the way you are dressed, whether you sit up in your seat, shake their hand, are polite when speaking... but they also know that you feel under pressure to impress them so relax and be yourself..thats all they want.

as for not hiring males..I don't think that is the case. 2 got through to the final interviews that I am aware of when I was there.

I just want to fly..don't worry mate. keep trying. If I were you I'd apply to other airlines too like I did and that helped a lot. I got a years flying experience behind me, customer service examples that related to the industry for the interviews and I knew the job was for me. If you want to work for EK as much I do, keep applying...you will get there!!

see ya guys

craic1510