PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Passengers, Worst Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 22:15
Flying_Sarah747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the best story about this...You just wouldn't believe it!

LHR-AMS, a long haul, mainline steward in uniform was commuting home in Club Europe...I think he'd just got in from CPT.

He fell asleep before take-off, but we offered him a meal, at which he put his hand up in our face, so we thought what an idiot and continued.

A little before 10 minutes to landing he woke up and demanded he got a meal and some coffee...We gave it to him, to which he replied "How do you make your coffee on short haul, because on long haul we stir ours" We ignored his comment.

Cabin crew, 10 minutes to landing...We go to collect his tray, and he refused to give it to us, so we check in the rest of the pax, then go back to him. He still wouldn't give it to us...In the end we had to grab it away from him when the landing gear went down.

On disembarking, he pushed his way to the front, blocked the exit with his bag and went to the flight deck, in front of all our full fare paying Club Europe pax, pointing at the captain and first officer he says "You and you, out here NOW!" to which the Captain got rather annoyed at and told him to remove his bag from the exit and speak AFTER the pax had got off.

After pax had gone, there was a heated discussion between the crew member and captain, then he turned to the purser pointing in his face saying "I'm not finished with you Mr, I will be writing a full report on this."

In the end the captain told him to get off his aircraft, so the crew memeber left, and to this day none of us know what we did to upset this nutcase!

The outcome was that the crew member was suspended and we all had to come in and speak to his PE about the incident. Not sure if he's back with us now or not...Hopefully not!!!!!!!