PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 4th Jun 2005, 19:18
gonzo7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for the info and snide comments sky. just trying to do my due dilligence before making any commitments. the info part was the most helpful.

btw, are you based in TPE or doing the EOL thing?

what are the options for rosters if you're based in TPE or EOL?

Euh?? You can make the flights or leave the company
this is not quite what i meant. i am looking for an example of what the various rosters look like that you can expect to pick up while working there based in TPE or doing an EOL (for my case out of LAX)

as for making the flight or leaving the company, have you worked someplace that this doesnt apply?

is there still a training bond, if so, how much and how long?

Yes, don't know the details because it seems very "variable"....
variable in how the enforce it or different people are given different bonds?

No, they changed their mind, everybody is automatically chief-pilot after hiring.
Forget it NO UPGRADE!!
calm down please.. there's no need to get defensive

are they still losing a bunch of expats? if so are they working on improving their relations with expat pilots?

Yes. Relations are really friendly, problem is working conditions and how to improve it for the expat without higher cost (that's possible) but at the same time continuing to screw up the locals without them complaining.
how are the working conditions now? what makes them a "problem" as you put it?

i got a novel idea. how about they treat everone equally? based on experience and/or time served instead of race? seems like it works for most companies.

if they're not upgrading expats, can you finish your contract and apply again as a captain in order to get into the left seat?

I would be really surprised if they accepted that. BTW, how would you get PIC experience flying as F/O for CAL ???
i dont know, how do the locals upgrade without any PIC experience flying as the FO for CAL? how does anyone upgrade anywhere for that matter?

retirement: well, assuming nothing is what you should be doing at any airline these days.

Last edited by gonzo7; 4th Jun 2005 at 20:50.