PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just curious - noisiest pax jet
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 16:08
captainbritboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noisiest passenger jet

I have not seen it for a few months, but I reckon the noisiest passenger jet seen recently at Gatwick is a TU154 operated by Belavia Airlines of Belarussia. When that baby takes off your teeth rattle! Ahh, takes me back to my mispent youth at Gatwick in the early 80's spotting Dan-Air 727's which were legendary for their noise! They don't make 'em like that any more (and neither are they allowed to)!

Another nominee for 'rib shaker of the year' is the DAS Air Cargo DC10. Watch the windows in Concorde house vibrate when it flies over!!!

Amazing how the technology has moved on since those halcyon days of 'real' flying and 'reverse thrust'. Up until a few years ago (before I was promoted to Senior Lazy Bastard and moved to the prestigious 'B' car park where I now park my tatty old Citroen next to the BAA MD's Lexus) I used to park at the dreaded 'X' car park which is parallel to the runway. If the wind was in a certain direction, one could actually watch a 747-400 land in seemingly complete and utter silence... spooky!