PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do mods abuse their power?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 15:58
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ocatavo

Welcome to Rotorheads.
When you've been posting for longer than one month, you might notice that very few posts are ever deleted or even edited on this forum. There are two reasons for that.
(1) We operate on very few rules.
We don't intervene as much here as on some of the forums. Opinons will differ about whether that's the right or wrong approach, but we find it generally works well. Occasionally if we're not strict enough the PPRuNe owners intervene (almost always about advertising posts), as they are perfectly entitled to do - particularly since they finance this website.
(2) There's rarely any need to intervene.
Regulars soon get used to what's acceptable and what's not, and don't need to be told. Some discussions (often concerning helicopter ops in one particular part of the world) become a little over-heated at times and require mod intervention, but it's not a problem.
All this means that I can spend time doing what I enjoy most - reading interesting posts, building up the forum, merging threads to create information databases for future reference and encouraging discussion.

When posts are edited/deleted, our members very rarely question it.
Either they know why and don't need to ask or, even if they disagree with the decision, they take the rough with the smooth and decide our system works fairly overall. Or maybe they think it's just not worth fussing about.

You have chosen to start a thread complaining because your post was deleted.
Maybe it's because you are "a whiny ........" (what you said above.) Seems like it, but use an expression like that here again and you'll need to find another helicopter forum. Putting an * or two instead of letters doens't work here. Letsby's warning was right, but I'll let it go this time because you're new and, maybe you didn't know any better.

I'm now closing your thread.
Maybe because I'm abusing my power.
Maybe because I've got better things to do with my PPRuNe time than monitor a thread about such trivia.
You can make your own mind up which.

Heliport