PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future rotorcraft control systems
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 14:41
Graviman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "shotgun" question approach:

"If the blade did in fact flap any movement of the blade in relation to the gyro would result in a pitch change which would provide a restoring force to the blade returning it to its’ commanded position."

Ah OK. Thanks for clearing me up on this, Lu. I had read the Speciality Press book on the AH56, but got this point wrong. So the rotor really did just do exactly what it was told and nothing more. Must admit, as i typed my original post i was wondering how much lateral cyclic that "feedback" would require for forward flight.

Was there any part of the system which provided for hands off speed stability? I'm also curious as to whether the system had any way of providing sideslip stability? Basically would the system also fly forwards and sideways hands-off?

Do you have any views about whether this system should be reconsidered? I am always astonished by the pure skill (and technical knowledge) of heli pilots, but equally alarmed when i read about accidents that this flight control system may have avoided...

BTW how are things with you at the moment?

Mart