PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do mods abuse their power?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 14:04
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
He does stand out compared to some others....there is a mod in one of the other forums that definitely enjoys the position. Must be some unadmitted envy or something by the airborne tea server that causes the mod to be that way.
I hope that's not me - in fact I'm sure it isn't, since I never fly anything big enough to get served tea on board.

Seriously, speaking as a mod of another area (and one junior in the PPrune hierarchy to Heliport), we all have to accept that Pprune is not a democracy. It's a benign dictatorship run by Danny and Rob, with the rest of us helping out. But, it's important to realise that we all help out for free, in our limited spare time in between running the aerospace industries of much of the civilised world.

So, if in that limited spare time we see something that worries us, we tend often to go for the easiest action of "delete it before it causes trouble". Or fairly often "move it to the mods forum, and let somebody else decide what to do with it". Anybody advertising is likely to get a more severe action, and as soon as it's spotted.

This is not democratic, it's the actions of people putting their spare time into running this wonderful thing called Pprune whilst trying to maintain their own sanity. Of course the majority who stick to PPrune rules, obey the golden rule "Never Post Pissed", and stay reasonable on-topic and off-libel do help enormously.

G