PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines/China Airlines F/O, (update)-Merged Twice!.
Old 4th Jun 2005, 12:33
sky330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can i assume the interview is in TPE?
Mostly yes, but sometimes, they move to some other place if they have enough candidate from the same region.

are all their destinations open for EOL? if not, which ones are?
For the time being no. I know of LAX, LUX, FRA, AMS on 744, none that I am aware of in A340, but there is talks...

what are the options for rosters if you're based in TPE or EOL?
Euh?? You can make the flights or leave the company

is there still a training bond, if so, how much and how long?
Yes, don't know the details because it seems very "variable"....

are they still not upgrading expats?
No, they changed their mind, everybody is automatically chief-pilot after hiring.
Forget it NO UPGRADE!!

are they still losing a bunch of expats? if so are they working on improving their relations with expat pilots?
Yes. Relations are really friendly, problem is working conditions and how to improve it for the expat without higher cost (that's possible) but at the same time continuing to screw up the locals without them complaining.

if they're not upgrading expats, can you finish your contract and apply again as a captain in order to get into the left seat?
I would be really surprised if they accepted that. BTW, how would you get PIC experience flying as F/O for CAL ???

health, travel, retirement benefits?
Health: Taiwan national health care, I have seen much worse, not so bad.
travel : interline, ZZ, after some years tickets with reservation, again really not the best, but far from the worst .
retirement : contract really not clear on that, and still waiting explanation about the exact meaning of the sentence. Seems you may have something if you fly here up to 65. My fair advise would be 'assumed nothing'.