PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Job Prospects
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 09:28
flyer43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jbrereton

Haven't flown on the North sea since the late 80's, and haven't flown much since the early 90's, but I renew my licence from time to time in case I get the urge to return before I get too old and bitter. (Actually the urge is getting stronger!)

My neck of the woods is in the middle of Wiltshire....probably not much of a clue - not many jobs around here.

Maybe I'm using some badly chosen words to encourage "newbies" into the fraternity. But there is a fine line between asking for advice and asking people to do everything for you. Hence my comment about using initiative - it often stands out in the way a job application/enquiry is put together and could make all the difference.

Despite some of the bitter and twisted comments from fellow "PPruners", including yours truly from time to time, there are lots of good opportunities out there waiting to be had. So any of you wanting to get one of the jobs, stop wasting too much time confusing yourself with "helpful" comments on this site and go out there and grab a slice of the action before its too late.