PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How much do you love Flying?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 03:57
craic1510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha that is funny..but I'm even worse! If I hear a plane go over, rain hail or shine, I will be outside with my nose pointing up saying "what's on the tail..what plane is it?" lol

I have no words to describe the rush I get from flying. I have always loved take-off and getting the adrenalin pumping!! Even for the most experienced travellers I think we all still say in the back of our minds " I hope this plane keeps climbing!" ...well for first minute anyway

But despite loving the feeling of flying, I must admit that I have always been scared of turbulence..until I started working in the air of course! I have a fear of falling (don't know if there is a textbook name for that)..you know like that feeling you get in bed sometimes where you have fallen to the ground with a thump and it wakes you up lol Turbulence is a bit of a replica for me and because I didn't understand what it was, it put the wind up me a little..pardon my pun.

Of course since actually working in the air I think it is a blast! I remember one storm when we were flying over scotland and we hit two massive airpockets! All the crew and carts came off the ground for a meer few seconds haha..but it was like our A320 was literally on a rollercoaster track! Even the passengers were giggling in laughter cos we were. Of course you get the odd occasion were you just pray the turbulence stops so you dont throw up all over yourself!

I feel safer and enjoy more, the takeoff in "mid sized" planes i.e. A320, B737 etc because I am used to it. Getting back on a B777 to fly home to Oz after working for easyJet for a year, freaked me out. The takeoff was so much slower and heavier lol God only knows how I am going to feel when the A380 hits the skies hehe!

Anyway enough dribbling on it saturday...I need to go shopping!

Bye peoples

craic1510