PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SouthCare
Thread: SouthCare
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 01:16
GAGS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for all the responses.

Cat A.412. (at an operational weight) these two statements are almost mutually exclusive.Would it be correct to assume that It would have to be a farly light 412 and an almost heaven like combination of temp and altitude to allow a 412 to land anywhere but a big field or airport.So i guess rigs and elevated helidecks(hospitals)are not OEI friendly.The 76 this struggles OEI as well?
Wocker you bring up a good point about PNR.This wasn't something i thought of...

Would it be prudent to wind the engine back to idle and then when you you need it again for landing or whatever it is only a twist of the throttle or a push of the power lever away.

So what do the rig pilots do?If you are on your way to an off shore rig and 2/3 rds of the way out you get an engine chip light ,do you go and land on the rig and get an engineer(forget the logistics at this stage) of do you go OEI and return to base?

Conwayb....dude you may have used a whole stack of luck with your Hyd problem.From your post i figured you sre flying either Blackhawk or Chinook neither of which will fly without hydraulics.Congrats