PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Brave Boys? Or Murdering Thugs?
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2005, 00:41
SASless

Received 561 Likes on 230 Posts
Bird99,

I guess it all comes down to which news channel blows the most smoke I guess.....or blows the least offensive smoke. Personally, I find FOX to be the best channel...at least they have a sense of humour...Brit Hume does as good an analysis of politics I have heard on the Telly. Tim Russert is good as well with the Jim Lehrer's program being quite good too. O'Reilly is a real breath of fresh air....he will take on causes that the majority of people believe in.

Contrary to what the Liberal media will try to tell you...the majority of Americans are neither conservative nor liberal and fall squarely in the middle. We are seeing a shift in the political makeup of the population....the coasts are more liberal and the interior is more conservative. The majority of the population seems be gathering in the large urban areas and thus by means of the abundance of liberals in those areas, they are able to control many of the states.

An example....Washington State...Seattle, Tacoma, Olympia and Spokane are the major cities and are "liberal" voting blocs. The vast preponderance of the state geographically but less populated than those cities....are "conservative". Oregon is the same way....Portland, Salem, and Eugene control that states votes. Nevada....is controlled by Las Vegas and Reno.

This gets us to the Red and Blue states situation....used to be one had to carry the South to win the Presidency....and the Democrats used to do so everytime. No longer...the Republicans are carrying the South....simple answer....Southerners are conservative folks....and the Democratic party has been taken over by the radical left. Years ago, the radical right had control of the Republican party....and it lost elections until more moderates took over. Same is happening to the Democrats.

Long answer to your question....sorry.

FOX is the network of choice of the military (and more and more Americans in general) for a lot of valid reasons. Despite what you suggest....FOX is the most balanced and most fair of the networks. You may not like it...but that is the case. Shall I remind you of CBS and its plainly biased agenda? CNN has long been known as the Clinton News Network....its founder Ted Turner took them to task on their big anniversary recently. The treatment of the news and the content of CBS, ABC, NBC all mirror one another.....FOX is the one that has a broader content than the others.

The war is not as unpopular as you think.....as it drags on...it becomes more unpopular as is always the case. The American people are a lot brighter than our Liberal media think....that is why the Republicans are wining elections and gaining representation in the Congress and within State governments.