PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bit of advice please!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2000, 18:29
cotos

Wink

If you've got a spare 3 years for training purposes, go into HR or ITor any computer type business.. I've been in the business 19 years, got 4 year British Airways Apprenticeship, CAA Licences A&C, a Type Rated ICAO 2 Licence, Course certificates and previous Company Approvals on 4 Large commercial and Freighter Aircraft and on 4 different engine types applicable to those aircraft and have not found any Licensed work since July 1999. I've recently been offered work contracting at £12:00 per hour (unlicensed) on aircraft that I have never worked on, but this requires a lot of sheetmetalwork experience which I do not have. This would involve buying about £1000 pounds worth of sheetmetal tooling, setting up a limited company which the recent Inland Revenue changes have made of no financial benefit, and paying for and staying in a scabby B&B, all for the risk of being blown out on the first day due to lack of experience!!
Might I recommend you go into a field where you may take out some of what you put in.
Good Luck.
PS. Spannersatcx, where did you glean that snippet of info regarding a shortage of eng's??