PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staff Passengers, Worst Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2005, 13:39
T4Turtle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger Staff Passengers, Worst Nightmare

My worst passengers of all time are Staff Passengers. Please don't misunderstand me, I don not paint everybody with the same brush as some staff pax are no trouble at all However, if pax are a problem they are generally always staff. The worst ever was a lady from BA personnel dept. She was upgraded with her husband (non BA staff) to Club World. As soon as they boarded the 'Lady' went straight into the galley and asked for hot tea for her and her husband. We had a full flight and the Purser politely advised that it wasn't possible to organise before take off. "You will make the Captain tea, why not us!" She demmanded. She did not get her tea. Consequently nothing was right from that moment on and I hadn't been advised of the danger lurking in Club World. The meal order had been taken by a fellow crew member and then I went out with the trolley. I correctly laid the tables infront of the staff pax and then held up a well presented plate of smoked duck and salad asking what starter they would each prefer. I can only describe the responce as like a kettle blowing its lid. "We said we didn't want a starter. What is the point....." I just couldn't believe it. I took the crap as I didn't know at that time they were staff pax. When I returned to the galley I explained to the purser that there were two unhappy pax and she asked; "Not the couple on the left?" I just couldn't believe they were staff pax misbehaving infront of full fare paying pax. The situation didn't improve. It got sdteadily worse. The purser wrote a four page report and the Captain had to come out of the cockpit to speak with the staff pax in the galley to give them a warning. The 'Lady' then verbally insulted the crew infront of the captain. The report was sent endorsed by the Captain and through the grapvine I heard that the lady lost her BA consessions for a year. What are your worst experiences?