PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grey Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2001, 04:17
Golden Rivet

where do you stand on certifying against instructions within an overhaul manual. Ever found a reference for topping up an O2 bottle in the mm ?
As for actioning some of the items contained within Boeing SB's is anyones guess. Own up if you've ever bored out a pylon fitting ? Legal - Who know's. What I'm trying to get at is that there is a whole host of activities going on out there that are seriosly ambiguous and I believe they are purposely left that way by the individual companies concerned.

An answer to a previous question about what is a shear deck. The term comes from the big slab on tin that can be found under a certain aircrafts rear galley. Designed to spread the galley loading and stabilise the floor beams directly below. Some would also say it is there to generate overtime ! Management quivver at the phrase as it almost certainly equates to a large amount of overtime and an aircraft late of check( If they cant secretly get someone to rub it down and put a coat of 90 thou paint over the top)
I would say fair proportion of these aircraft if inspected would exhibit corrosion to some degree

------------------
Happiness is a corroded shear deck