PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Crew Allowances in Willys Sights?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2005, 06:46
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Envy of the Airline industry?

About 15 years ago, during those excellent ads and the ' BA theme tune' that used to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Yes, I wanted to work for the World's favourite then. Couldn't understand anyone who didn't. But now, well how times change. Still good, but perhaps not riding the same high wave as years gone by and begining to blend in with many others. For Pilots at least, just as good if not better career moves available at several UK Airlines now. For the Cabin Crew, almost same story.
Career well developed now, so not bitter nor green with envy. As a shareholder, however, with a significant number of shares I would like to see some of the old restrictive working practices changed. Increase your basic and get rid of needless payments for this, that and the other. Company needs to stay lean to survive in this day and age with the likes of Ryanair / Easy competing on shorthaul.
Am aware,also, that if Company are making record profits, you as staff should benefit,as well as shareholders, which many BA staff are anyway.
You may not be the envy you once were,however, you can still hold your heads high.
Just stop this pilot / Cabin Crew bickering eh?