PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyTech
Thread: easyTech
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2000, 13:53
OldHand

Oh, all right. Maybe it was a bit of a knee-jerk reaction. Sorry.

Those who know me behind the alias will be aware that I have been involved in many and various aviation activities - including engineering (outside in the cold and inside in the warm), flying both as Flight Engineer and as P i/c (prop, turboprop and jet both large and small) plus several other facets of the industry.

My wife was a F/A when we met although I didn't know it at the time. I have always tried to remember that there are very very few totally superfluous people in the industry and although a lot of good natured banter has always been the norm, I still cringe when folks refer to engineers as 'Grimies', to cabin staff as 'Sluts' and any other epithets you care to mention. I have to admit that I was as guilty as anyone of referring to the avionics trades in the RAF as 'Fairies' and to the armourers as 'Plumbers'. The term 'Sluts' however infers dubious morals and it was that to which I took exception.

have a great Christmas everyone.

By the way, the reference to train spotting in my profile was a senile and weak attempt at humour. The only train I have ever spotted was the night sleeper from Kings Cross to Aberdeen !

[This message has been edited by OldHand (edited 22 December 2000).]