PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Underwing registration
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jun 2005, 13:55
Flyin'Dutch'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P,

No need to get all hot and bothered, just 'cause I made some comments on your posting, thought that most Northamptonshire lads' shoulders would be broad enough to take that.

Think indeed that by making a reasonable point to anyone when complaint about noise achieves more than a rant. Lots of innocent folks find themselves under the looking glass after being 'shopped' by 'fellow' aviators that have particular axes to grind.

The point that I tried to make in my second post was that based upon an unreliable observation people may well have had the bother of a phone call, at best a polite one from you, at worst one from the CAA.

There were indeed no smilies in your posting so you will have to forgive me for taking the contents for what they read as.

To state that I made no contribution to your original posting is a bit unkind as I stated that there are lots of reasons why people may get a registration wrong, or whether the wing is on the top or the bottom of the craft.

Anyway I have looked for you at the Snellen chart and used my calculator. Dunno what your wife's uncorrected visual acuity is but for someone with 20/20 or 6/6 vision the answer is 333 meters.